Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Youth Camp

Today we took the journey back home from camp. This camp was totally amazing. God really showed up and did more than what I could have have ever imagine. Before every service, Kaley and I would go and pray for the service. Just saying, when you take the time to prepare your heart for a message it is amazing what God will do. Just like last year, certain things we prayed about showed up in the songs and the message. I had chills just thinking about how God takes the time to listen when I pray. There are so many people in the world and we can all be praying at one time and God hears us indivdually. Mind Blowing!! God did some awesome things this week. Personally He spoke to me about how He made us all unique. Aaron taught on Saturday I believe and something that really stuck out was that God didnt make a cookie cutter. God did not make a cookie cutter!!! We all have different talents and strengths, we are all unique. This hit me so hard because I could only think about my group of friends and how they can sing or draw or play an instrument. I kept thinking about how I don't have any of those things and just thinking how could God use me. After I realized how dumb I had been about the whole situation I just prayed and told God that I would do whatever He wanted, that I wouldn't give up, and that I just wanted to give Him all of me. Monday night I talked to Kevin about a really good friend of mine and the struggles she has. She comes to me and tells me all these different things and I can only give answers like, "pray about it" and "God loves you". I want to do more than that. You can only say that for so long you know? Tuesday morning Shawn taught about getting out of the boat, out of your comfort zone. And on tuesday I knew that my next step is to reach out and help her and be there for her. Fear started to creep in thinking about what lies ahead. I know this is what I am supposed to do. I am really excited about what God has for me, how my friend is going to grow, and how I am going to grow!

1 comment:

Saying Grace said...

You are already in the process of doing great things for God. I can see that in you. I can't wait to see what He has for you in the future!

Mama Daniels